Terms & Conditions
- All contestants must be enrolled in and attend a school for at least 15 hours a week. If you leave school during the course of the competition (the enrollment of your school team through to show day) you become ineligible to continue. (School means secondary, area, intermediate, primary or correspondence school).
- You may only perform with a school team from the school you will be attending as of show day.
- All performers must be enrolled in a New Zealand school.
- Your school team will be informed of the region you will be performing in by the Showquest team during registration.
- The use or possession of alcohol, cigarettes, vapourisers or illegal drugs by any group member at any Showquest event will result in the instant disqualification of their entire group.
- At Showquest you are representing your school. It is important that you adhere to your school’s policies regarding behaviour in public. If in doubt, seek the guidance of your teachers.
- Any entrant defacing or destroying Showquest property or property/venues used by Showquest will be disqualified and held accountable for damages. This includes P.A. equipment; recording studios, venues, accommodation venues as well as any place used for photo shoots or interviews e.g. radio stations.
- Showquest does not condone censorship. Showquest does support the NZ performing arts and music industry and therefore urges entrants to consider the commercial potential of the performance they create. While not wanting to put constraints on the creative process of the teams, we would like to point out that sexually explicit content, or content that may offend, may not have commercial potential and therefore may not suit this competition. Judges for this event are drawn from the NZ performing arts industry. Entrants are urged to consider this point carefully.
- Team members cannot be changed or added after your first performance.
- All performed pieces must be original – ie: created by one or more members of the school team. If the piece has been choreographed by someone outside of that school team, we (the Showquest office) need to be notified as soon as possible. It is likely a team that performed a partly or entirely designed/choreographed piece by someone outside of the school team would be exempt from the competitive aspect of the show.
- Your team performance should not exceed 15 minutes in duration. This includes getting on and off the stage, the explanation of the piece which opens the performance, and the short interview with the MC which follows the performance.
- Your school team must have at least 30 participants (unless agreed to by Showquest). If your team does not meet this requirement please let us know as soon as possible. This may exempt your team from the competitive aspect of the show.
- Judging decisions will be based on discussion, and the industry experience and knowledge of the Judges.
- The Judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
OTHER CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- All students must have the permission of their parent or guardian to perform, giving consent to Showquest to release contestant information, images and recordings to media and sponsors, to send promotional material from the event organisers and sponsors, and agreeing to all conditions of entry. If not, affected students cannot perform. Schools/Teachers in charge of school group will be responsible for gathering these permissions.
- Entrants may be filmed and/or photographed at the event and be included as part of the Showquest Webisodes, website, social media, and future promotional campaigns. Please note that the Showquest events will be livestreamed.
- Contestants are required to gain approval from the organisers to use props, clothing or equipment bearing product branding of products other than those of our sponsors on stage. Approval will not be withheld unless the organisers believe the security of the event sponsorship is at risk.
- By virtue of entry the entrant agrees to hold Showquest and its agents indemnified against any breach or infringement of copyright or rights held by any third party/parties, and the entrant undertakes to observe all such rights statutory or otherwise. By virtue of entry the entrant agrees to hold Showquest and it‘s agents indemnified against any claim or liability for loss or accident resulting from any individual’s involvement in the event.
SOCIAL MEDIA GIVEAWAYS
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents only.
- Promotion commences at the date the competition is first published on our social media feeds and the end date will be stated.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner.
- Winners will be notified via private message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.